Major research issues/sites:
Development of analytical methods for high accuracy and traceability in inorganic and organic chemistry e.g. determination of trace elements in water and biological material by isotope dilution inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ID-ICP-MS); and determination of perfluoroalkyl acids and hormones using isotope dilution LC-MS/MS.
Development and testing the reliability of field measurement sensors applied for in-situ and on-line environmental measurements. Testing and research of the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) for environmental monitoring. Development of measurement uncertainty estimation and proficiency testing protocols for field measurements.
- J. Kahiluoto, J. Hirvonen, T. Näykki, Automatic real-time uncertainty estimation for online measurements: a case study on water turbidity, Environ Monit Assess (2019) 191:259
- Final report of the CCQM-K145: toxic and essential elements in bovine liver / Jun Wang, et al., T. Näykki, T. Sara-Aho, Metrologia, 2020, Volume 57 (1A): Art. 08013
- Yang, Lu et al., T. Näykki, T. Sara-Aho, Final report of the SIM.QM-S7 supplementary comparison, trace metals in drinking water, Metrologia, 2018, Volume 55 (1A), pp. 08002
- Näykki T., Virtanen A., Kaukonen L., Magnusson B., Väisänen T., Leito I. Application of the Nordtest method for “real-time” uncertainty estimation of on-line field measurement, Environ Monit Assess, 2015, 187:630
- Näykki T, Virtanen A, Leito I, Software support for the Nordtest method of measurement uncertainty evaluation, Accredit Qual Assur, 2012, 17 (6):603–612
- Näykki T, Magnusson B, Helm I, Jalukse L, Väisänen T, Leito I, Comparison of measurement uncertainty estimates using quality control and validation data, J Chem Metrol, 2014, 8 (1): 1–12
- Näykki T, Jalukse L, Helm I, Leito I, Dissolved oxygen concentration interlaboratory comparison: What can we learn?, Water, 2013, 5:420–442.
- Näykki T, Leivuori M, Björklöf K, Väisänen R, Laine M, Väisänen T, Leito I, Proficiency test of pH, conductivity and dissolved oxygen concentration field measurements in river water, Accredit Qual Assur, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s00769-014-1064-5
- Näykki T, Koponen S, Väisänen T, Pyhälahti T, Toivanen T, Leito I, Validation of a new measuring system for water turbidity field measurements, Accredit Qual Assur, 2014, 19 (3):175–183
Short technical description:
Modern analytical equipment for elemental analysis, determination of organic contaminants, and metrological research.
Designated institute of Finnish National Metrology Institute in the field of chemical analysis in water environment.
Accredited calibration laboratory K054 (EN ISO/IEC 17025)
Accredited proficiency testing provider PT01 (EN ISO/IEC 17043)
Options and conditions for visiting scientists:
Access subject to joint interests/projects as well as time and funding constraints.
Unit Cost of use and principles of costing:
No cost of basic infrastructure. Funding for labour costs, travels and special consumables needed.
centre running the infrastructure:
Syke - Finnish Environment Institute
type of facility:
Laboratory / high-end instrument
- Syke - Finnish Environment Institute
- Phone: +358 295 251 000
Dr. Teemu Näykki
M.Sc. Mika Sarkkinen