Major research issues/sites:
Methodological and quantitative developments applied to biological products.
Characterization of structures at different scales:
- Molecular/microscopic level of tissue/macroscopic level of products
- Non-destructive and continuous characterization of processed food products (drying, rehydration, draining, maturation, cooking, freezing, fermentation, etc.)
- Non-invasive characterization of vegetable tissue during growing, ripening and processing
- High-throughput characterization of biological tissue
- By sector (dairy products – pastry and bakery products – meat products – vegetables and plants).
Short technical description:
- Part of the PRISM platform, labelled IBISA and strategic INRA
- Member of life science core facilities network in Western France, Biogenouest
- ISO 9001:2008
- Stock of research equipment – NMR and MRI coupled with MRI compatible food processing cells (from -30°C to + 200°C), and an RX scanner
Unique in Europe. MRI and NMR quantitative methodologies applied to biological products.
Options and conditions for visiting scientists:
The platform provides freely access to the facilities for experienced researchers and if personnel of the platform are required, then a project should be validated by the committee of the platform.
Unit Cost of use and principles of costing:
Costs are defined according to the origin of the users.
- For users coming from the platform the cost includes the maintenance and the consumable.
- For other academic users, participation to the overhead and to development are added to the cost level 1 for all the projects in collaboration.
- For service delivery the salary of the staff, the full overhead and the depreciation are added to level 2.
centre running the infrastructure:
INRAE - National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and the Environment
type of facility:
Laboratory / high-end instrument
- Phone: +33 (0) 1 40 96 61 21