Currently, PEER consists of eight member institutes. Together they
- employ approximately 5,800 persons
- gather an annual budget about 600 Million Euro.
- have a vast experience in participation in major international networks and programmes (link taking further down to Networks-section),
- actively are involved in a number of projects funded by the EU's Framework Programme for Research and Development.
The PEER centres are:
- UKCEH - UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- CIENS - Oslo Centre for Interdisciplinary Environmental and Social Research
- DCE - Danish Centre for Environment and Energy
- JRC - European Commission - Joint Research Centre
- SYKE - Finnish Environment Institute
- UFZ - Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research
- INRAE - National Research Institute for Agriculture, Food and the Environment
- WENR - Wageningen Environmental Research